At the close of International Nurses Week 2020, PassportUSA announced a collaboration with the DAISY Foundation to sponsor DAISY awards for compassionate nurses working for the Ugandan Ministry of Health. The six nurses selected to receive these awards are identified below.
· A team builder and worker with excellence governance skills and abilities.
· Extra play performance and contribution to health care delivery- Mulago and other places she had been before.
· An outstanding leader in the contribution to the fight against pandemic to the lives of mothers and babies.
· Self-motivated nurse.
· She has served for over 15 years without promotion.
· Punctuality, smartness and update CME points.
· A precious gift of Uganda, patriotic and professional nurse, who adhered to her professional ethics and oath to save life and alleviate suffering.
· Brave and smart, nurse who acted like FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE.
· Available resources to transport the patients.
· An innovative nurse who introduced an app that can locate the patient and the nurses.
· A committed nurse with a passion for nurses’ welfare.
· Young nurse advocate who is selflessly supporting nursing now campaign.
· Editor of nurse newsletters.
MUTONYI WAIMBWA ROSELYN
· A nurse who ensures that tasks and duties are done correctly, professionally and as per guidelines.
· She organized the team to receive the 1st covid-19 patient. Ensured 2 wards were created for confirmed and suspected cases.
· Actively participating in steering the care of covid-19 patients as well as other patients.
Additional DAISY Award presentations to nurses in the Ugandan MOH are planned for later in 2020.