Emergency management requires precise identification and allocation of staff to align capabilities and capacity with the need to effectively deliver care for the community. The COVID-19 outbreak caused a substantial shift in the availability of staff and resources, and the accessibility of timely delivery of care. In response to the evolving needs, organizations have shifted staff in a variety of ways to ensure they were able to effectively screen, triage and care for patients. Join Health Carousel CNO, Earl Dalton, for an executive discussion on What We Learned from COVID-19 -- Staffing & People Resources.This C-Level roundtable held by American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) and the Triangle Healthcare Executives’ Forum of North Carolina (THEF) took place virtually March 10 - but don't worry, we have an on-demand webinar recording for those who could not attend!This panel discussion provide strategies and tactics of how organizations adjusted their staffing structure to ensure that the most appropriate level of care is delivered during a medical surge such as the COVID-19.Executive panelists sharing insights include:
- Charlene Wilson, MPA: Vice President of Human Resources, Vidant Medical Center
- Victoria Orto, DNP: Chief Nursing and Patient Care Services Officer, Duke Regional Hospital
- Earl Dalton, MHA: Chief Nursing Officer, Health Carousel
- Wade Mitzel: Chief Operating Officer, UofL Health
- Roy Tempke: Vice President & COO, UNC Rex Healthcare
- Bianca A. Briola, MPH: Interim Executive and Transformation Consultant, Alvarez & Marsal
Sound interesting? We saved a recording just for you! Click the link below. Healthcare executives will answer the following questions, discussing how decision making evolved for leadership during COVID-19.
- What critical decisions were made with staffing early on and mid-way during the crisis?
- Describe how your Organizational Policies/Procedures stood up during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- What policies related to staffing did you have to adjust or change?
- Describe the biggest challenges with staffing and safety of workforce.
- Describe any challenges experienced in navigating collective bargaining arrangements.
- What have you implemented to measure productivity of workers from home?
- Describe the outcomes of layoffs/service suspensions/return to work.
- How are you managing the staff morale?
- What measures is your organization taking for future preparedness?
- Describe the communication system you established with the frontline staff about supplies and equipment.
- Discuss assistance from Federal, State, and Community.
- What measures is your organization doing related to supplies and equipment for future preparedness?
ACHE + THEF Present: What We Learned from COVID-19 -- Staffing & People ResourcesWant to learn more about the best-in-class international workforce solution hospitals across the U.S. are implementing? Contact us at email@example.com.
About Health Carousel
Health Carousel is committed to working with world-class healthcare facilities across the country, providing assignments for Registered Nurses, Physicians, Allied Health Professionals, and Advanced Practice Professionals, and aggressively attracting the best internal talent for our brands across a wide range of industries and specialties, at all career levels.Learn more about why we do what we do, and explore career opportunities at www.healthcarousel.com
PassportUSA is the leading provider of internationally-trained RNs to U.S. healthcare institutions. We have placed several hundred candidates at leading healthcare facilities across the USA. Client healthcare institutions can trust in our service and quality of candidates. Healthcare professionals will enjoy our high ethics and track record of successful U.S. placement.